If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, it is important to review all medical options, including the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available.
At Lee Memorial Health System, we use a state-of-the-art robotic platform called the da Vinci™ Surgical System, which enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision. The da Vinci® provides an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy.
Compared to traditional open surgeries, the benefits of da Vinci® surgery can include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- In many cases, better clinical outcomes
- da Vinci® Prostatectomy (prostate surgery)
- da Vinci® Gynecology
- da Vinci® Mitral Valve Repair (heart valve surgery)
- da Vinci® Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- da Vinci® Kidney Surgery
- da Vinci® Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Surgery)
As with any surgery, benefits cannot be guaranteed, as surgery is both patient- and procedure-specific. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits.