- Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership Transformation Award
- Lee Memorial Health System won the Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership Transformation award for its implementation of system-wide electronic health records (EHRs) for patients.
- Commissioner's Business Recognition Award
- Foundation for Lee County Public Schools and the Lee County School District award the Commissioner's Business Recognition Award to Lee Memorial Health System in recognition of its valuable partnerships which include providing students various shadowing and observation opportunities throughout LMHS facilities as well as scholarships to students in financial need for their health care careers.
- Hodges University Diversity Award
- Hodges University presented Lee Memorial Health System with its Corporate Excellence in Diversity Award for its diversity in hiring practices and commitment to provide opportunities to a supplier base as diverse as the communities it serves.
- Salvation Army Names LMHS as "Business of the Year"
- Lee Memorial Health System was recognized by the Salvation Army as the "Business of the Year" during the Outstanding Service Awards at the Civic and Volunteer Appreciation breakfast. The event celebrated and honored Salvation Army volunteers and community partners for their dedication in "Doing the Most Good."
- IPC Organization/Professional of the Year Awards
- The Lee County Injury Prevention Coalition, comprised of more than 80 different health and safety agencies, named Lee Memorial's Trauma Center as the Organization of the Year and Syndi Bultman, LMHS Injury Prevention Coordinator, as Professional of the Year.
- 2nd Rose of Care Awards
- Sponsored by Hadassah, the Rose of Care award recognizes RNs who exemplify compassion, excellence and competence in patient care delivery. This year's winner was Saundra Falk, Perioperative Pediatric Specialist at HealthPark Medical Center. Finalists included: April Frye, Ann Holt, Gloria Koehler, Honey Lane, Nancy McGovern, Itzel Mitchell, Marva Deane-Pharis, and Dorothy Tayler
- ESGR AWARD
- Patricia Padgett, supervisor in the Staffing Resource Center, was honored with the ESGR Patriot Award. Nominated by David Boer, LMHS sitter and member of the National Guard, the award was a three-way honor - David for his service, Patricia for treating David so well and LMHS for its support of the troops.
- Aster Award
- LMHS' Marketing & Communications department has been honored with another gold award! The team won the gold for Healthy News in the 2009 Aster Awards. The Aster Awards are hosted by Creative Images, Inc., an internationally recognized firm that has specialized in strategic health care marketing for more than 16 years
- FNA Nurse Exemplar Awards
- Renee Galik, RN, Gulf Coast Medical Center, was honored as the winner of the Nurse Exemplar Award by the Florida Nurses Association, District 7.
- Other Nursing Excellence recipients were: Kettely Devariste, Terrie McKelvie, Carolyn Craig, Merlena Morgan, Rosemary Gardner, Mary Ann Orlang, Pat Ringsmuth, Otoniel Vazquez Hernandez, Carol Rothman, Christy Brancazio, Donna Dolorfino, Dorothy Taylor, April Frye and Domenica Conover.
- Marketing and Communications Department Strikes Gold Again
- The Marketing and Communications department once again wins gold awards in the 26th Annual Healthcare Advertising Award competition. More than 3,000 entries were submitted and their work beat out some of the largest health systems in the country.
- Category: Newspaper Advertising/Insert
- Gold - Healthy News
- Category: Patient Handbook
- Gold – All-Star Total Joint Center Patient Guidebooks
- Saks Key to the Cure Awards
- Sharon MacDonald, Vice President of Oncology Services for LMHS, was presented with the Saks Fifth Avenue Lifetime Achievement Humanitarian Award during the Saks and Mercedes Benz Key to the Cure event.
- Cynthia Merrill, Oncology Genetics Counselor for LMHS and Dara Leichter, Breast Health Nurse Educator for LMHS, who work at the new Regional Cancer Center, were also honored at the event with the Key to the Cure Humanitarian Award.
- Hospital Hero Award
- Honey Lane, RN, Director of Clinical Operations, Lee Memorial Home Health, was a Hospital Hero Award finalist this year. A unique group of ten committed health care professionals are honored annually by FHA (Florida Hospital Association) as Hospital Heroes. Their stories are told by nominations made to FHA throughout Florida and we are proud of the LMHS employees who earned this honor by reaching out to those in need with no expectation of reward or recognition; it is part of who they are and the character of their soul.
- Organ Donation Medal of Honor
- Cape Coral Hospital, Lee Memorial Hospital and Gulf Coast Medical Center (formerly Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center), are recipients of the Medal of Honor presented by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration. This award recognizes the critical role hospitals play in maximizing the nation's supply of donated organs. Medals are awarded to hospitals achieving 75% conversion rates.
- Administrative Professional of the Year Award
- Wanda Heit, Administrative Secretary, OPCTR Admin, received this year's Administrative Professional of the Year Award. Presented by the Fort Myers Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), this distinguished award is given to a person who displays excellence in many areas, including career development, life-long learning, leadership, teamwork, information management and interpersonal skills.
- LMHS Honored as a "Fit-Friendly" Company
- LMHS has received a Gold level "Fit Friendly" Company Award from the American Heart Association. Awarded twice a year, gold-level recognition is for companies that offer employees physical activity support, increase healthy eating options at work, as well as promote a culture of wellness.
- LMHS Recognized by Department of Defense for Military Support of Employees
- The Florida Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an agency of the Department of Defense, announced today that Lee Memorial Health System, Fort Myers, was honored with an "Above and Beyond" award in recognition of extraordinary support of its employees who serve in the Florida National Guard and Reserve.
- Marketing and Communications Department Wins the Gold
- The Marketing and Communications department has won several awards in the 25th Annual Healthcare Advertising Award competition. Out of 4,500 entries, their work beat out some of the largest health systems and ad agencies across the country.
- Newspaper Advertising/Insert (health care system > $300 million revenue)
- Gold - Healthy News
- Publication In-house (health care system > $300 million revenue)
- Silver - Connected
- Calendar (health care system > $300 million revenue)
- Merit - Health and Wellness Calendar
- 2008 Aster Award
- The LMHS Marketing and Communications department took home the bronze award in the 2008 Aster Awards for "Healthy News" and "Connected"!
- LMHS Wins 2008 Frances Smith Clinical Excellence Award
- LMHS was honored by The Florida Nurses Association for supporting clinical excellence and the FNA Clinical Excellence Conference with the 2008 Frances Smith Clinical Excellence Award. Criteria for this recognition include conference participation in the way of nominations, sponsorships, attendance and how the facility creates an environment that encourages nurses to become clinically excellent.
- FNA Nurse Exemplar Awards
- Linda Krivit, RN, was selected as one of the finalists for the FNA's Nurse Exemplar Award.
- Yvette Whelahan, RN, was selected as one of the finalists in the FNA-sponsored Annual Nursing Exemplar.
- Perioperative Nurse of the Year Award - 2007
- Linda Savage, RN, BS, CNOR, medical office nurse at Kreegel Aesthetic Surgery, received the Perioperative Nurse of the Year Award for 2007-2008 for her ongoing contributions to perioperative nursing.
- Rose of Care Award
- Sponsored by Hadassah, the Rose of Care award recognizes RNs who exemplify compassion, excellence and competence in patient care delivery.
- Martha Bartholomew - Cape Coral Hospital
- Ellen Eaton - Cape Coral Hospital
- Saundra Falk - HealthPark Medical Center
- Ria Fewox - HealthPark Medical Center
- Donna Neff - Cape Coral Hospital
- Marva Pharis - Lee Memorial Hospital
- Lisa Sgarlata - Lee Memorial Hospital
- Diane Spears - Lee Memorial Hospital
- Abbie Uhl - Gulf Coast Medical Center (formerly Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center).
- Kim Gaide Honored by the American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross of Lee County honored Kim Gaide with its inaugural Community Service to Armed Forces Award for her tireless support of the service members and families of LMHS.
- "Best of the Islands"
- HealthPark of the Islands won the "Best of the Islands" for the best Medical Facility. This is the second year in a row that HealthPark of the Islands has received this award.
- The "Best of the Islands" awards are presented by the Sanibel-Captive Islander. The people of the Sanibel and Captiva Island vote for the best business or organization in each category.
- LMHS President Named the Decade's Best
- Jim Nathan, LMHS president, was named to Gulfshore Life's list of seven "Men and Women of the Decade." This list honors dedicated leaders in Southwest Florida who have shaped our community.
- LMHS Receives Lee Pitts Live Diversity Excellence Award The "2007 Lee Pitts Live Diversity Excellence Award" was presented to Jim Nathan on behalf of LMHS. The award is given to companies in Southwest Florida that have shown a sincere commitment to the progress of diversity in our community. LMHS is being honored for its progress in diversifying its workforce.
- Extraordinary Women!
- Congratulations to Jeanne Faubion, RN, who works in the Radiology Department at HPMC and Linda K. Anderson, who works in the Health Advocacy Department at LMHS, for being two of the 25 winners of the 2007 Extraordinary Women of Southwest Florida award. Renda Broadcasting of SW Florida and The Galloway Family of Dealerships chose the winners form approximately 300 candidates.
- Hospital Hero Award
- Connie Elliott, RN, Critical Care, PACU, HPMC, was a Hospital Hero Award finalist this year. A unique group of ten committed health care professionals are honored annually by FHA (Florida Hospital Association) as Hospital Heroes. Their stories are told by nominations made to FHA throughout Florida and we are proud of the LMHS employees who earned this honor by reaching out to those in need with no expectation of reward or recognition; it is part of who they are and the character of their soul.
- CCH Coral Tree Gift Shop Honored
- Under the proud tutelage of Odette Santos for 15 years, the CCH Coral Tree has been recognized in the National SGN (Souvenir, Gifts, and Novelties) June/July 2007 edition.
- Two Board Members Receive Florida Nursing Association Awards
- Nancy M. McGovern, RN, MSM, earned the Barbara Lumpkin Award. This award recognizes a nurse who has made a significant impact in political and legislative issues affecting nurses, nursing, and quality health care.
- Linda L. Brown, MSN, ARNP, earned the Community Action Award. This award recognizes outstanding voluntary contributions by Florida Nursing Association members (group or individual) to the health and welfare of a community through an organized and systematic effort.
- >Hospital Hero Award - Hero of the Year Award
- Kelley Cowan, Child Life Specialist, HPMC, is this year's Hero of the Year. A unique group of ten committed health care professionals are honored annually by FHA (Florida Hospital Association) as Hospital Heroes. Their stories are told by nominations made to FHA throughout Florida and we are proud of those in need with no expectation of reward or recognition; it is part of who they are and the character of their soul.
- Administrative Professional of the Year Award
- Vickie Lane, Assistant to CMO/Strategic Services, received this year's Administrative Professional of the Year Award. Presented by the Fort Myers Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), this distinguished award is given to a person who displays excellence in many areas, including career development, life-long learning, leadership, teamwork, information management and interpersonal skills.
- Donna Giannuzzi, Chief Nurse Executive, LMHS, honored with 'OVERALL LEADERSHIP' award.
- The Florida Organization of Nurse Executives (FONE) Region II presented its "Overall Leadership" Award to Donna Giannuzzi, Chief Nurse Executive, Lee Memorial Health System (LMHS). To earn this award, recipients must illustrate nursing leadership abilities as a visionary and as a leader; maintain professional and community involvement; have an impact on practice environment; be an active mentor and role model; and be consistently compassionate and caring. This award is the most prestigious of the five awards given annually by FONE.
- "Outstanding Florida Council of Aging Member" Award
- LMHS Gerontology Business Leader for Older Adult Services, Sue Maxwell, has been awarded the Dr. Carter Osterbind Outstanding Florida Council of Aging Member Award. She has also been chosen as an at-large representative for the upcoming 2005 White House Conference on Aging in Washington, DC, to be held in December 2005.
- 2005 American Business Awards - Stevie Award
- Jon C. Cecil, Chief Human Resource Officer, won a Stevie Award for Best Human Resources Executive at The 2005 American Business Awards. Hailed as "the business world's own Oscars" by the New York Post (April 27, 2005), the American Business Awards are the first national, all-encompassing business awards program honoring great performances in the workplace.
- Florida Nurses Association 2005 Nurse Exemplar Awards
- LMHS swept the top three spots in this year's District 7 Clinical Recognition Program. The Top Nurse Exemplar was Mary Taylor, Cape Coral Hosptial; runners-up were Kathy Ormandy, HealthPark and Marva Pharis, LMH. The focus of the FNA Clinical Excellence Recognition Program is to publicly value excellence in nursing practice. It also recognizes the nominated nurses as experts in a given clinical situation or setting.
- VHA Southeast Award: "Good Neighbor"
- Lee Memorial Health System
- In special Recognition and Gratitude to Lee Memorial Health System and Jim Nathan, CEO, For Generous Sharing of Employee Support Programs and Assistance to VHASE Members In Responding to Hurricane Devastation 2004.
- Certificate from the Department of Health
- Lee Memorial Health System received a certificate from the Department of Health recognizing the contribution of LMHS to the health of the community during and following Hurricane Charley. You may remember that after Charley many, many individuals came to the emergency departments for many needs, often not urgent, but necessary as folks were without power, meds, etc. LMHS staff worked with the Department of Health to ensure that all such needs were met; that the special needs of our citizens were attended to. This involved a great deal of work from medical social workers as well as emergency department professionals who treated medical needs, arranged for additional oxygen, etc. and coordinated with special needs centers to ensure the safety of all.
- Good Neighbor Plaque
- In honor of the humanitarian contribution to staff via the Catastrophic Assistance Program. You may remember that just after Charley, the LMHS food services department realized the extent of destruction suffered by our own employees. Food baskets for immediate relief were offered and then Hurricane Relief offices were available to staff to identify resources; and monetary relief followed. Almost $74,000 was given to staff. Some of these dollars were donated to this effort by other organizations.
- Chamber of Commerce of Cape Coral Award:
- Employee of the Year Excellence in Business Awards 2004
- Donna Giannuzzi, Chief Patient Care Officer, Lee Memorial Health System
- Human Resource Executive Award:
- HR Executive of the Year Honor Roll 2004
- Jon Cecil, Chief Human Resource Officer, Lee Memorial Health System
- Florida Nurses Association 2004 Nursing Excellence Award Rita Horvath, RN, BSN, Director of the Parish Nurse Program; and Donna Gibson, RN, System Administrator, Primedia E-learning.