Recent Awards & Recognition
Clinical Excellence Awards
2012-2013 Healthgrades Awards
Hospitals in the Lee Memorial Health System rank in the top 10% of hospitals in the nation according to a new report from HealthGrades, the leading provider of information to help consumers make an informed decision about a physician or hospital.
The report, American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: HealthGrades Report to the Nation, evaluates how approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide performed on risk-adjusted mortality and complication rates for nearly 30 of the most common conditions treated and procedures performed from 2009 through 2011.
Lee Memorial Health System was recognized for many of its specialties, most notably:
- Lee Memorial Hospital received the Joint Replacement Excellence Award, is among the top 5% in the nation for Joint Replacement in both 2012 and 2013, and ranked second statewide in 2013.
- Lee Memorial Hospital was named one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2012 and 2013.
- HealthPark Medical Center received the Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award for 2013, ranked 4th statewide, and was among the top 10% in the nation for Cardiology Services in 2013.
- Collectively, Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center were the recipient of Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award, ranked among the top 10% in the nation for treatment of stroke, for 5 consecutive years (2009 – 2013), and ranked in the top ten in Florida for Neurosciences in 2013.
- Gulf Coast Medical Center was recognized as one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care for both 2012 and 2013, and ranked best in the state for Overall Pulmonary Services, 2013.
- Cape Coral Hospital received the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award and ranked among the top 10% in the nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013.
See the full list of our HealthGrades awards and recognitions by hospital.
- Commissioner's Business Recognition Award
- Foundation for Lee County Public Schools and the Lee County School District award the Commissioner's Business Recognition Award to Lee Memorial Health System in recognition of its valuable partnerships which include providing students various shadowing and observation opportunities throughout LMHS facilities as well as scholarships to students in financial need for their health care careers.
- Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership Transformation Award
- Lee Memorial Health System won the Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership Transformation award for its implementation of system-wide electronic health records (EHRs) for patients.