Cape Coral Hospital
- 636 Del Prado
- Cape Coral, FL 33990
A facility founded by the community for the community, Cape Coral Hospital features the area's largest emergency department and has received numerous awards.
- Established: 1977
- Joined Health System: 1996
- Type of Facility: Acute Care
- Number of Beds: 291 (All Private)
- Number of Dedicated Pediatric Beds: 14
- Number of Private Rooms: All
- Number of Patients Seen Annually: 55,000+
- Number of Physicians: 600+
- Number of Employees: 1200+
- Number of Volunteers: 1000+
- Dr. Bradley Trope pioneered the use of the endoscopic ultrasound in Southwest Florida at Cape Coral Hospital.
- The Weigner-Taeni Center for Emergency Treatment & Services meet the needs of the expanding community it serves.
- Lee Memorial Health System was one of several Innovation Communities that teamed up with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to develop new standards of patient care. The success of the System and the other communities prompted the IHI to launch two nationwide campaigns geared toward saving as many lives as possible: the 100,000 Lives campaign and the Protecting 5 Million Lives campaign.
Treatment & Services Provided
Treatment & Services available within hospital:
- 10-bed Neuroscience Unit
- Rehabilitation Treatment & Services
- Speech therapy programs
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chronic Disease Programs
- DNVHC Certified Diabetes Program*
- Weight management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Blood Center
* Det Norske Veritas Healthcare (DNVHC)
This site is maintained by Lee Memorial Health System