The Children's Hospital
- 9981 South HealthPark Drive
- Fort Myers, FL 33908
Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida is a state-of-the-art, family-centered, full-service "hospital-within-a-hospital." Currently located at HealthPark Medical Center, plans are under way to build a stand-alone facility dedicated to the unique health care needs of children.
- Established: 1994
- Type of Facility: Pediatric Acute Care
- Number of Dedicated Pediatric Beds: 98 (Total)
- Number of Dedicated Neonatal Intensive Care Beds: 48
- Number of Patients Seen Annually in Emergency Services: 22,000+
- Number of Pediatric Providers: 300+
- Number of Pediatric Specialists: 58+
- Number of Pediatric Specialty Areas: 10
- Number of People Helped Through Child Advocacy Programs: 95,000+
- Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida is home to the area's only Pediatric Oncology/Hematology program certified nationally by the Children's Oncology Group through the National Cancer Institute.
- It is the only children's hospital between Tampa and Miami and is a member of the National Association of Children's Hospitals, and the Florida Association of Children's Hospitals.
- It is home to the only regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, designated by the state of Florida, with 48 beds.
- The regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center has the highest neonatal survival rates in the state of Florida.
- It is a regional Cystic Fibrosis Center, designated by the state of Florida — the only one in the region. Families in Southwest Florida no longer have to travel to Tampa or West Palm Beach in search of care for children with cystic fibrosis.
- In 2005, the Chrissy Brown Unit opened staffed by specialized nurses to care for young cancer patients and give them "a home away from home."
- The hospital is designated by the state of Florida as the regional referral center for Sickle Cell Disorders.
- It employs five child life specialists and the region's only music therapist who make a child's experience less intimidating and more fun while undergoing life-saving care.
- The hospital employs a pediatric school teacher, so that children do not fall behind on schoolwork while they are in the hospital.
- The Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center cares for children with complex special needs in a day care setting, so that parents are able to work during the day.
Treatment & Services Provided
- General and High-Risk Obstetrics
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Regional Perinatal Intensive
- Care Center
- Pediatric Services
- Hospitalist Program
- General Pediatric Beds
- Pediatric Emergency Services
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Extended Care Center
- Pediatric Oncology/Hematology
- Pediatric Psychiatry Center
- Outpatient Centers
- Child Life Specialists
- School Teacher
- Music Therapy Program
- Child Advocacy/Safe Kids Program
- Social Services
- Spiritual Services
- Neonatal Transport
- On site Ronald McDonald House
- Blood Center
This site is maintained by Lee Memorial Health System