You may be a patient here, but you're an individual first. Accordingly, we make every effort to protect your needs and rights.
You Have the Right to Expect:
- Information and answers to questions about pain and pain relief.
- Assurance that staff cares about a patient's pain and pain relief.
- A quick response from medical staff when pain is reported.
- The best available pain relief treatments.
- Accessibility to a pain consultation service if necessary.
- A sense that complaints of pain are believed by one's doctor or nurse.
Lee Memorial Health System does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy, contact Kristy Rigot, System Director, Human Resources, 239-343-9995, TDD 239-343-2989.
We believe that a partnership in patient care can make a difference. Please do not hesitate to ask a physician or nurse for information related to pain management. See also the following Summary of the Florida Patient's Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
- A patient is responsible for providing to his or her health care provider, to the best of his or her knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his or her health.
- A patient is responsible for reporting unexpected changes in his or her condition to his or her health care provider.***
- A patient is responsible for reporting to his or her health care provider whether he or she comprehends a contemplated course of action and what is expected of him or her.
- A patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by his or her health care provider.
- A patient is responsible for keeping appointments and, when he or she is unable to do so for any reason, for notifying the health care provider or health care facility.
- A patient is responsible for his or her actions if he or she refuses treatment or does not follow the health care provider's instructions.
- A patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his or her health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- A patient is responsible for following health care facility rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
- * This includes a response to reports of pain.
- ** Lee Memorial Health System does not discriminate against a patient's right to impartial medical treatment or accommodations regardless of the type of disability.
- *** This includes reporting perceived risks in his or her care.
We Care When It Hurts at Lee Memorial Health System:
We believe that pain control is an important part of patient care. We are committed to creating a partnership with each patient for effectively managing pain. All of our staff have been trained to assist in finding the most effective treatment possible for pain.
Tell Us How Are We Doing?
Lee Memorial Health System wants to know about your patient experience. Your feedback, good or bad, is very important to us.
If you have a compliment that you would like to give us about your patient experience; we couldn't be happier. Please tell us the facility in which you were treated, the name of those who cared for you, and any other details that made your stay more satisfactory. We will happily share your compliment with our staff.
We encourage you to write or call the guest service manager at the hospital of your stay. Our patient coordinator is there to assist you.
- Cape Coral Hospital
- 636 Del Prado Boulevard
- Cape Coral, FL 33990
- Main hospital number: 239-424-2000
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
- 13681 Doctors Way
- Fort Myers, FL 33912
- Main hospital number: 239-343-1000
- HealthPark Medical Center
- 9981 S. HealthPark Drive
- Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Main hospital number: 239-343-5000
- Lee Memorial Hospital
- PO Box 2218
- Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Main hospital number: 239-343-2000
If you were not satisfied with your experience or that of a loved one, we want to understand why and improve.
Lee Memorial Health System has a process for the prompt resolution of patient complaints, (i.e.; any patient concern that could not be resolved immediately by the staff present). We ask that you provide a formal, written or verbal account of a concern(s) affecting you, as a patient, or on behalf of a patient. Our goal is to address all complaints in a timely, fair and consistent manner and to meet the patients' reasonable expectations of care and service.
You may also register a complaint with the following state agency directly, regardless of whether you use our complaint process. If you have a complaint against a hospital or ambulatory surgical center, file it by phone. Call the Hospital and Outpatient Unit complaint hotline toll-free at 1-888-419-3456. You may also write to:
- Agency For Health Care Administration
- Hospital and Outpatient Unit
- 2727 Mahan Drive, Mailstop 31,
- Tallahassee, FL 32308
If you have a complaint against a physician, call 1-888-419-3456 to request a practitioner complaint form. You also can download the form at the Florida Department of Health website. Or, mail your request for the form to:
- Florida Department of Health
- Consumer Services Unit
- 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-75,
- Tallahassee, FL 32399-3275
If an individual has any concerns about patient care and safety that have not been resolved through the hospital's Complaint Resolution Process or Hospital Management the public may also contact DNV GL by either calling 866-496-9647 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The public is encouraged to try to resolve their concerns through the hospital first.
Medicare/Medicaid patients with concerns about quality of care or premature discharge can contact:
- FMQAI (Florida Medical Quality Assurance, Inc.)
- 5201 W. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 900
- Tampa, FL 33609-1812
- Ph. # 1-800-844-0795
General Information About Your Hospital Stay
Should you need information about or have questions pertaining to your hospital stay, please call the hospital where you are or were a patient, at these numbers:
- Cape Coral Hospital ....................... 239-424-2000
- Gulf Coast Medical Center ............. 239-343-1000
- HealthPark Medical Center ............ 239-343-5000
- Lee Memorial Hospital ................... 239-343-2000