- 2776 Cleveland Avenue
- Medical Office Center
- 5th and 6th Floor
- Fort Myers, FL 33901
- T: 239-343-3900
- F: 239-343-3144
The Rehabilitation Hospital, a 60-bed comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation facility located within Lee Memorial Hospital, provides care for adult and pediatric patients.
The Rehabilitation Hospital is dually accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities with specialty certification in stroke management and DNV. It is the only licensed comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation facility in Lee County. For a full overview of our hospital, please download our brochure.
The Journey to Recovery Starts Here
Click to learn more about our care services.
- Established: 1987
- Type of Facility: Acute Care
- Number of Rehabilitation Hospital Beds: 60
- Number of Employees: 130
- Number of Medical Staff: 1000+
- Number of Volunteers: 500+
- The Rehabilitation Hospital has special certification in stroke management; is a member of the Lee Memorial Health System trauma team; and is a State of Florida Department of Health designated brain and spinal cord injury inpatient rehabilitation program for the five-county region covered by the Trauma District.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital employs more than 130 individuals, has a medical staff of more than 1,000 and benefits from the generosity of more than 500 volunteers.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital is dually accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities with specialty certification in Stroke Management and DNV Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Treatment & Services Provided
Treatment & Services available within hospital:
- Dietary Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Social Work
Number of Persons Served
In the 12 month period of October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014, The Rehabilitation Hospital discharged 1,025 patients delivering more than 13,163 days of patient care with an average length of stay of 12.9 days.
Ages of persons serviced are 8 years and older.
|8-12 years old:||3|
|13-18 years old:||7|
|19-40 years old:||62|
|41-64 years old:||288|
|65-105 years old:||655|
Conditions and Diagnoses Served
The case mix of impairment groups served by the Rehabilitation Hospital are listed below.*
|Traumatic Brain Injury||53||5.2%|
|Non-Traumatic Brain Injury||52||5.1%|
|Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury||17||1.7%|
|Non-Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury||36||3.5%|
|Fractured Lower Extremity||169||16.5%|
|Amputation Lower Extremity||51||5.0%|
|Major Multiple Trauma
w/o Brain or Spinal Cord Injury
|Major Multiple Trauma
w/Brain or Spinal Cord Injury
Upon completion of their stay at the Rehabilitation Hospital from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014, patients were discharged to the following settings:
|Rehabilitation Hospital||National (case mix and severity adjusted)|
|Discharge to Community (patient goal)
738 patients met their discharge goals
|Discharge to Skilled Facility or Other Alternate Level of Care-156 patients||15.2%||12.5%|
|Discharge to Acute Care-125 patients||12.2%||8.0 %|
|*Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation: Case Mix Group Adjusted Report Copyright 2014 UDSMR – U. B. Foundation Act. Inc. (October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014)|
Patient / Family Satisfaction
Surpassing the expectations of our patients and families is our goal. We currently utilize Press Ganey, an independent firm, as our satisfaction tool. In the 12-month period from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014 our patients rated The Rehabilitation Hospital Top Box (patients rating very good care) score at 59.7 percent.
- Phone Number: 239-343-3900