About This Specialty
Neurosurgery is a medical specialty focused on treating diseases and conditions that affect the nervous system, which includes the brain, spine, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. Neurosurgeons provide surgical and nonsurgical care.
Our specialists have extensive training and are able to manage diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of a variety of neurological disorders.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Brain aneurysm
- Brain tumors
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease, such as spinal stenosis
- Herniated discs
- Traumatic injuries
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Our Care Team
- John J. Dusseau, M.D.
- Jeffrey S. Henn, M.D.
- Saman P. Javedan, M.D.
- Dean D. Lin, M.D., PhD
- Constantine Plakas, M.D.
- Debra (Debbie) Dean, MMSc, PA-C
- Elaine Fournier, PA-C
- Stephanie Lage, PA-C
- J. Daniel (Dan) Prince, MPH, MSHS, PA-C
- Serena Warf, PA-C
- Jaclyn Wise, PA-C
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.