About This Specialty
Occupational medicine is a branch of clinical medicine concerned with protecting the safety, health and welfare of people engaged in work or employment. While it may involve a wide number of disciplines, it centers on the preventive medicine and management of illness, injury or disability that is related to the workplace.
Our specialist has extensive training and experience with worker's compensation injury/illness prevention, diagnosis and treatment. He has in-depth knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance regulations, along with federal drugtesting requirements.
Maintaining a healthy and productive workforce is essential to the success of any company. Lee Memorial Health System helps you keep your company operating by addressing the following areas:
Safe Work Evironment
- Onsite hazard evaluations
- Drug Free Workplace services, including urine collection only, or full-service MRO duties
- Physical evaluations to ensure employees are able to perform job tasks (Ex: DOT, respirator clearance, preplacement/periodic exams or fit-for-duty testing)
Work-related Injuries or Illness
- Prompt evaluation
- Aggressive follow-up to eliminate or reduce the number of lost or restricted work days
- Onsite radiology services
- Paperwork regarding ability to perform light or full-duty work given at time of evaluation
Employer-based wellness programs that can be tailored to suit the needs of each unique employer:
- Health risk assessments
- Targeted lifestyle interventions, such as diet, exercise and/or smoking cessation
- Immunization clinics
Our Care Team
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.