About This Specialty
Pediatrics is a branch of medicine focused on the health and medical care of infants, children and adolescents—up to the age of 21. Pediatricians tend to a child’s physical, emotional and mental well-being throughout all stages of development.
Our pediatricians and advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) serve as primary care providers and administer preventive medicine—like annual physicals—for healthy children. They also care for children who are injured or ill and who need immediate attention.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Behavioral concerns
- Evaluating developmental milestones
- Genetic and congenital disorders
- Minor injuries
- Organ diseases and dysfunctions
- Viral and bacterial infections
Our Care Team
- John Distasio, M.D., PhD
- Denise Drago, M.D.
- Kimberly Ghuman, M.D.
- Lindsay Schwandner, M.D.
- Pierre Loredo, M.D.
- Anthony Pietroniro, M.D.
- Thomas Schiller, M.D.
- Martin Sherman, M.D.
- Piedade Silva, M.D.
- Nancy Witham, M.D.
- William Daniel Wood Jr., M.D.
- Amy Hicks, ARNP
- Cynthia Hohman, ARNP
- Kori Ann Howell, ARNP
- Julie Vega, ARNP
- Sheresa (Sherri) Campbell, ARNP
- Jami Hallman, ARNP
Before Your Appointment Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.